jueves, 26 de enero de 2012

Hello! Today I have assembled some photos that symbolize one of my favourites styles of art : The Art Nouveau, a philosophy of art and applied art that were very popular between 1890-1910.
We can find it in architecture, glassware, furniture, drawings, etc. and it is said to have started in France and Belgium.

Architecture: Hector Guimard (France) and Victor Horta (Belgium). Guimard designed the Parisian Metro subway entrances in 1898-1901.

Hotel Tassel, bruxelles. Victor Horta




Solvay House, Horta

Castel Beranger, Paris
Furniture, Guimard and Louis Majorelle.

Furniture, Guimard
Meuble Bibliothèque, Majorelle, 1905




Salle à manger, Petit Palais, Paris


 The famous French glass artist Emile Gallé.





I particularly like the paintings of Alphonse Mucha. He produced posters, advertisements, and book illustrations, as well as designs for jewelry, carpets, wallpaper, and theatre sets. 







I hope you enjoyed the images. Have a nice evening!

2 comentarios:

  1. Very nice images, I learnt about some of them when i was in Paris.
    I want a post about extraterrestial life, you knowing....alieligens...(oh i need to go to london to improve my shitty english!!)

    ResponderEliminar